If you've seen the show Nashville, you know that things can get a little bit crazy in the big city in central Tennessee. However, they can also be incredibly sweet and memorable too. We have put together a recipe to bring you a little bit of salty, a small taste of sweet, and a great deal of memorable.
This drink has been created based off of the popular TV show named Nashville, as mentioned above and we think it does a great job at giving you a taste of what Nashville is really like. With this great taste, we have named this drink "Southern Sweet" and it is sure to take you to your own little paradise.
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 TBSP. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sprite
- 1 grapefruit or lemon
- Salt for the rim (we get Margarita salt or Kosher salt)
- Slice your grapefruit or lemon into wedges. Take one wedge and rub it around the rim of the glass to wet it.
- Pour salt into a bowl large enough to fit the rim of the glass. Dip your glass into the salt once the rim has been wet. This will ensure the salt sticks to the glass. Now fill the cup with ice.
- In a seperate glass, mix together grapefruit juice, lemon juice, and and sugar. Stir until the acid of the fruit has dissolved the sugar.
- Add in tequila and pour mixture into your desired drinking glass that has been salted and filled with ice.
- Top off with your sprite and add your fruit wedge to the edge to give it a dash of color.
You have now created a show stopping drink that your friends are sure to love. When drinking this drink, turn on the show Nashville and you will really feel the energy of the show. This drink has been made with careful thoughts of many of the scenes in the show, and we believe it is very fitting!
With hints of tequila, lemon, and sprite, this sweet beverage is sure to show you how sweet and sour Nashville can get.
Yields: 1 unforgettable drink